Super ball is the most entertaining time in football season in America. As your enjoying this weekend with your family and friends here a few healthy recipes that you can make that will make your tummies happy and make this time more memorable for you and your family….Enjoy.Happy super ball!!!!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3/4 pound (about 2 small) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 3 whole chipotle pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 (half a 10oz bag) cups spinach
- 5 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- greek yogurt, for serving
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash your sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until fork tender. Place your chicken in a baking dish and rub with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and peper. Place in the oven with the potatoes and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool and shred the chicken with a fork or your hands. When the sweet potatoes are done cut in half and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.In a medium size bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.Heat a small skillet over medium heat and wilt the spinach (this can also be done in the microwave). Toss the spinach and shredded chicken together, set aside and keep warm.Turn the oven up to 400 degrees. Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own (I reserved the remaining flesh, for another use) and place in a baking dish. Brush the skins with with a little of the chipotle sauce and bake for 5-10 muntes until nice and crisp. While the skins bake mix the spinach, chicken and chipotle sauce together. Remove skins from the oven and stuff with the chicken mixture, top with shredded cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the skins are hot and crisp. Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and greek yogurt if desired.
2. BLT ‘Salad’ in Parmesan Encrusted Cups
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, quartered
- Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Shredded Parmesan
- FOR THE CUPS:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper
- Create piles of parmesan cheese with roughly 3 Tablespoons of cheese each and ~2″ apart
- Bake for around 6 minutes (until the cheese is melted, but not brown)
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for just about 1 minute.
- Then, scrape cheese from paper using a spatula and lay over each muffin tin cup.
- If the cheese doesn’t dip down into the cups, pop the muffin tins back into the hot oven for ~30 seconds.
- Once out of oven, let cups cool and harden, then stuff with salad!
- Toss in arugula, chopped bacon, tomatoes, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
3. Strawberry Salsa Stuffed Avocado
- Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- Cool and creamy avocado halves stuffed with a fresh and summery strawberry salsa!
- 2 large avocado, cut in half, stoned and scooped
- 1 pound strawberries, diced (~2 cups)
- 1/4 cup red or green onion, finely diced or sliced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- Stuff the avocados with the mixture of the remaining ingredients and enjoy!
4. Avocado feta dip
- 1 avocado – diced and removed from peel
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 lemon – juiced
- 2 or 3 scallions – roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of parsley
- 8 twists of black pepper (from a pepper mill)
- Add avocado, feta cheese, juice of one lemon, scallions, parsley and pepper to food processor.
- Pulse food processor until desired consistency – I liked mine to be slightly chunky.
- Serve with chips, french bread or crudités.
5. Sriracha-Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
8 cups 1½-inch cauliflower florets 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil ¼ teaspoon kosher salt 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce 1 tablespoon butter, melted 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss cauliflower, oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread on the prepared baking sheet; reserve the bowl. Roast the cauliflower until it’s starting to soften and brown on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine hot sauce, sriracha to taste, butter and lemon juice in the large bowl. Add the roasted cauliflower and toss to coat. Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet and continue roasting until hot, about 5 minutes more.
Serve and enjoy
Source: Healthiest, eatingwell
Antoinette’s purpose is to inspire and motivate you to pursue your dreams, live a life of purpose and walk into your destiny and win in every area of your life doing it God’s way.